Thailand aerospace sector to add 7,700 new jobs by 2037

A report by Frost & Sullivan's Aerospace Defense team found that the aerospace sector in Thailand is set to experience significant growth

This growth is anticipated to be driven by large commercial maintenance, repair and operations companies increasing their presence in the APAC region. 

Currently, Thailand's commercial MRO sector employs 3,750 engineers and technicians. Frost & Sullivan predicted that the sector will create 7,700 new jobs by 2037. In total, it anticipates that there will be 10,000 people working in commercial MRO in Thailand by 2035, with 90 percent of the jobs technician roles and the remaining 10 percent engineering positions. 

"As demand in the Thailand aerospace industry continues to grow rapidly, the supply side of the industry will have to expand in order to cater to this increasing demand," said Frost & Sullivan consultant Nishant Dey. 

Job growth is also expected for aerospace manufacturing in the country, with Dey estimating that the manufacturing sector will add 10,395 new jobs over the next two decades. 

Thailand has seen its passenger air traffic double every 15 years since the early 1980s, according to a report by the Thailand Board of Investment. 

A report by Frost & Sullivan's Aerospace Defense team found that the aerospace sector in Thailand is set to experience significant growth.