Despite some challenges during the winter months, U.S. employment has experienced consistent growth in 2015, with 251,000 new jobs as the monthly average.
According to the latest report from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the nation's labor situation experienced notable growth during the month of June. The report stated that 223,000 additional jobs were created last month, causing the unemployment average to drop by .2 percent to 5.3 percent. Overall, the unemployed population fell by 375,000 to stand at 8.3 million.
Top Industry Articles See All »
- Do Your Employees Have the Sunday Night Blues?TAGS:First Friday PreviewUS Employment News
- Craft beer industry continues to create jobsTAGS:Beverage Products & Services
- Unemployment rate drops in South AfricaTAGS:Africa
- Healthcare industry adds 40,000 jobs in June
- Global Talent Update - July 2015TAGS:AfricaAsiaCentral AmericaEU Employment NewsMiddle EastSouth America
- Europeans seek employment in Latin AmericaTAGS:South America
- Spanish unemployment drops to record lowTAGS:Western Europe
- Why more small and mid-size businesses are hiring contractorsTAGS:US Employment News
- Georgia's labor situation improvesTAGS:Southeast US
- Taiwan encourages startup creation to boost tech sectorTAGS:Asia