Every organization offers some degree of on-job training, at a minimum during the onboarding process, but the quality of a company's training program can have a direct impact on the level at which employees remain engaged and motivated.
The August Employment Situation report from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics brought somewhat disappointing news, showing the first month of job gains under 200,000 since January. According to the BLS, just 142,000 positions were filled over the month.
Top Industry Articles See All »
- Minnesota gains more than 56,000 jobs over yearTAGS:Midwest US
- Oregon labor force grows in AugustTAGS:Pacific US
- General Motors adding 750-person production shift in MissouriTAGS:AutomotiveMidwest US
- UCLA study predicts sunny future for California jobsTAGS:Pacific USTransportation - IndustrialIndustrial
- Renewable energy jobs grow worldwideTAGS:North AmericaEU Employment NewsAsiaIndustrialEnergy - Alternative
- Nearly 1,500 jobs could come to ColoradoTAGS:Pacific US
- STEM opportunities to increase in St. Louis, MissouriTAGS:Midwest US
- Australia sees historic employment gainTAGS:Australia
- Tesla's Gigafactory could create thousands of jobs in NevadaTAGS:AutomotiveSouthwest USIndustrial
- UAE posts strongest yearly job growth in Middle EastTAGS:Middle East