Every organization offers some degree of on-job training, at a minimum during the onboarding process, but the quality of a company's training program can have a direct impact on the level at which employees remain engaged and motivated.
After lukewarm job gains in August, the September Employment Situation report from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics showed a return to the heightened growth seen earlier in the year. According to the agency, employment increased 248,000 over the month, pushing the unemployment rate down to 5.9 percent. These numbers exceeded economists' predictions for 215,000 new jobs and for the unemployment rate to remain at 6.1 percent.
Top Industry Articles See All »
- Clean technology brings new jobs to CanadaTAGS:North America
- Unemployment rates drop throughout Central OregonTAGS:Pacific USUS Employment NewsNorth America
- Singapore to expand hiring in banking and financial industriesTAGS:Asia
- Colombia looking to become a hub for space industryTAGS:Central AmericaAerospace & Aviation
- Austin, Texas, continues to be a leader in job growthTAGS:Southwest USNorth America
- Massachusetts adds 9,400 jobs in SeptemberTAGS:US Employment NewsNortheast USNorth America
- Minnesota job market adds 7,200 jobs, lowers unemployment rateTAGS:Midwest USUS Employment NewsNorth America
- IT startups offer job opportunities in MidwestTAGS:Midwest US
- Ford Canada will add 1,000 jobsTAGS:North America
- Job market booming for recent gradsTAGS:US Employment News