Most companies conduct job interviews as a series of one-on-one conversations between pre-screened candidates and key decision makers.
After lukewarm job gains in August, the September Employment Situation report from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics showed a return to the heightened growth seen earlier in the year. According to the agency, employment increased 248,000 over the month, pushing the unemployment rate down to 5.9 percent. These numbers exceeded economists' predictions for 215,000 new jobs and for the unemployment rate to remain at 6.1 percent.
Top Industry Articles See All »
- Job opportunities abound for medical codersTAGS:US Employment News
- Looking at the Job Interview through a New LensTAGS:First Friday PreviewUS Employment News
- India's software industry poised for growthTAGS:Asia
- UK hospitality industry to increase youth hiringTAGS:Hospitality & TourismWestern Europe
- Ohio lowers unemployment rate, increases manufacturing jobsTAGS:Midwest US
- New York's tech industry is a leader in job growthTAGS:Northeast USComputers-Hardware
- North Carolina's aerospace industry takes offTAGS:Southeast USAirlines
- Florida's construction industry experiences boomTAGS:Southeast US
- Significant job growth in Georgia over the past 5 yearsTAGS:Southeast US
- Immigrants bring jobs to GermanyTAGS:Western Europe