The World of Work is forever changed. At all levels of organizations, leaders are rethinking their strategies and systems. Teams are redefining how they work together, and candidates are reevaluating what they are or are not willing to accept.
Today, the future of work and the future of search firms looks very different than it did just 18 months ago.
Unprecedented Opportunity — & Challenges
With change comes opportunity, and challenges. The pandemic has opened up enormous potential and visibility for recruiters and search firms. Recruiters are increasingly valued as critical business partners. Organizations are investing in talent, culture, and employee well-being and growth. Companies are actively upskilling and reskilling teams, in order to meet today’s needs and the challenges of the future.
Consider these stats:
- Job postings through June 4, 2021 are up 28.6% from February 1, 2020, the pre-pandemic baseline.
- More than half of Americans plan to look for a new job in the next year (Bankrate)
- Gen Z and millennials make up 46 percent of the full-time U.S. workforce (Gallup)
- Almost one third of senior leaders say finding great talent is their most significant managerial challenge (McKinsey)
- Global CEOs cite people, partnerships, and managing an “anywhere” workforce as top priorities for the next few years (IBM)
- 50 percent of all employees will need reskilling by 2025, as technology adoption increases (World Economic Forum)
What do these trends mean for your business? How will you respond?
A Pivotal Time for Change
There’s no question that the talent market is hotter than ever. But new strategies are needed to succeed. In the U.S. alone, there are nearly 10 million job openings, but approximately one million fewer workers available to fill them. Demand for recruiters is nearly seven times what it was in 2020, and three times as great as pre-pandemic times. Firms are expanding their ranks, and exploring new ideas and technology.
The Kairos Series: On-Demand Training for Recruiters & Search Firm Teams
In Greek, kairos is the idea of “right timing,” the opportune time to do something. Here at MRINetwork, we’re constantly seeking out new solutions to help search firms succeed.
Today, we’re proud to introduce The Kairos Series.
The Kairos Series is a series of panel discussions focused on: Managing the Placement Process, The Offer, Counter Offers and Nurturing Relationships. From rising stars to recruiting heavyweights, The Kairos Series brings together leading experts, diverse perspectives, provocative insights, and actionable advice.
This season, we’re focused on four key areas:
- Managing Process: Interacting with Candidates, Presenting Candidates, Client Prep, Ghosting, Fee Structure and More.
- Offer: Successful Foundations, Risk Factors and Debriefing
- Counteroffer: Introduction, Risk Mitigation, War Stories and Parting Advice for Candidates
- Nurturing Relationships: Approaches, Definitions, and Tools
The Kairos Series will run through Thanksgiving, with new episodes airing three times each week. Log in as an MRINetwork member to watch episodes on demand, or contact us to take advantage of everything that MRINetwork has to offer.